Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Wishes to ALL


Christmas is upon us and it is time to stop, reflect and be with family and friends. Life is so hectic and our lives to full of ‘stuff’ that many of us forget to take the time to thank those around us who actually fulfill our lives and help to give us purpose.

So, as I sit down to write this, my Christmas message, I think of all those who I value as friends and acquaintances, both past, present and future, those who have brought value, excitement, unpredictability and purpose to my life.

There is an awful lot I have to be thankful for, as I am sure you do as well, and my hope is that, as you read this, you too will think of the things that you value and make your life a complete, fascinating. and wild journey that is invigorating and should be looked upon as something to cherish.

Remember that everything happens for a reason and it is how we deal with the challenges and trepidations of life that makes us who we are. I recently watched a movie called ‘The Secret’; I strongly recommend that you take the time to see this movie, as it explains something that I have believed all my life. If you believe you can, you will, if you think you can’t, you don’t have a chance. Believe and you can do anything!

20 years ago I set up a little company called Puckstoppers. In 2008 we celebrate our 20th anniversary as one of the top 5% Goaltending Schools in the world in terms of longevity. I sincerely thank all those who have been a part of this: instructors, students and parents. Another thing I have always known is that to succeed you must surround yourself with good people. I took this a step further and did it with GREAT people who are caring and dedicated. I don’t have employees, just great friends!

In 2007 I once again had the amazing experience of coaching a great group of kids who for the third year in a row accomplished far beyond even their own expectations because we helped them to believe in themselves. Again I did not do this alone. My awesome coaching staff all bought into the system.

City Champions, League Champions, Tournament Champions and 1 goal away from Provincial Champions…this was a special group that I will remember forever and I thank everyone involved for the opportunity to discover just how much I love to coach kids and see them develop into better players, but more importantly, better people with a greater sense of how to achieve.

Hockey in general has afforded me countless opportunities to meet some amazing people and achieve so much. Operating our own league (JFFHL), travelling, meeting celebrities, attending events, coaching goaltenders and teams, plus a whole lot more, Thanks to all the marvellous folks I have met along the way and those I have played with, against and for. I look forward to seeing you all on the ice again.

We were also reminded that life is fragile and should never be taken for granted as we lost some folks in 2007, who were much to young to leave us and we thank them for having touched our lives and wish their families all the best. We hope that they know they remain in our hearts. Their passing reminds us all to live life to its fullest, enjoying each day and not to leave for tomorrow what we can do today. Say what you wanted to say, do what you thought about doing, hug that person you wanted to hug, ask the question you wanted to ask, but do it now! There is no better time.

Of course my own family is always at the forefront of my mind. I have three awesome kids and a wife I love! I am so thankful for them and the joy they bring to my life. I work too much and spend too much time on those ‘things’ I mentioned earlier, but as I do this, it is all for my family and I see 2008 as a breakthrough year for us as I will achieve my goals. I will do this because I believe I will!

You can too!!!

Make 2008 your year to do what you want to do, achieve your goals, be with your family, live your values and embrace the challenges you face, stay positive even in the face of adversity. You’ll be amazed at what a difference it will make to your life.

Now go and make someone smile! Do or say something to someone in your life you know you should have done long ago.
Have a Great Christmas a Happy Holiday and a Super 2008

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great message Chris all the best to you and yours and keep up the great work. i cherish the short time i spent working with you at puckstoppers